Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ex-Factor

I'm going to veer a little off the path with the whole fairytale theme...this just had to be done.

Many of you are familiar with Lauryn Hill's song "Ex-Factor"...and for those of you who are unfamiliar with it (and have obviously lived in a cave for the last decade) it's a beautiful ballad detailing the back and forth; on again, off again relationship with an ex. I love this song for so many reasons, the most obvious being that I can undoubtedly relate to every word of this song.

As you previously read I did the back and forth, break up just to make up thing (and to an extent you wouldn't believe) and I eventually learned that that activity is simply unhealthy. The constant emotional rollercoaster was so damaging to my spirit and my aura. Like Lauryn said, "...this is crazy." and I was beginning to really feel crazy. Every time I left or threatened to leave my dearest Prince Charming he would plead his case, or rather he'd charm his way back in and promise me the world and the false hope of becoming a new person. Ha! Who was he kidding?! Well, I guess he was kidding me, huh? I fell for it one too many times. I learned eventually (*whispers quick prayer thanking God*).


Moral of the story: Don't hold on to something that is damaging to your spirit. If you have to really put up a fight just for it to work, chances are it will never work. "It could all be so simple..."


No comments:

Post a Comment